Cultural Fest 2017
CULTURAL FEST – 2017
PIMLICO/MUNDINGBURRA SCOUT GROUP
COMMUNITY SERVICE & MAJOR FUNDRAISER
SELLING DRINKS & CLEANING THE PARK
PARENT & YOUTH MEMBER HELP REQUIRED
Where: James Cook University, Douglas
When: From 9th August to 14th August (see times below)
See over page for more details on what is involved.
Please note all indicated times may be subject to change as the organizers finalise their plans – please
see roster for actual times required.
Sunday 6th August 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Collecting gear at den and setup HQ tent
Wednesday to Sunday 9th to 13th August 9:30 am to 10:30 pm as per Roster (later on Friday &
Saturday) Cleaning Park, Rubbish Pick‐up, Selling Drinks Sunday night – Dismantle HQ and return
everything to Den.
Monday 14th August 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Cleaning park with pick‐up sticks
Sunday 20th August 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Dismantle HQ and return everything to Den.
THE ROSTER WILL BE AVAILABLE at the Den for you to select your preferred times.
Look for the Roster at the den,
or please contact Kiara (Steph Dermody) on 0407 350 228 (after 4pm)
or email: email@example.com
PLEASE do not leave all of the more inconvenient shifts or jobs to others.
Please help with pickup sticks or bins, and not just selling drinks – PLEASE ALLOW EACH
FAMILY to enjoy a shift selling drinks. Each family will be required to do at least one shift
on the cleaning roster.
Note – the On‐site Manager may be required to make changes on the day depending on needs so
please do not be upset if a change does occur. We hope this will not happen but we need to be as
flexible as possible to allow for any eventuality.
HELP REQUIRED by families:
1) Team Leader roles for organizing everything before the Cultural Fest (starts in April)
2) Team Leader roles during the festival to help ensure everything runs smoothly.
3) Section Helpers to assist Parents in filling out Roster.
4) Organising the Drinks Chiller prior to the festival.
5) Collecting gear from the Den and Setting up the HQ Tent on site.
6) Cleaning Rubbish from Ground & Tables during the festival, pick‐up sticks & gloves provided.
7) Cleaning of toilets and re‐stocking with toilet paper etc during the festival.
8) Emptying Full Wheelie Bins during the festival (only involves taking the bins to the skips for men with muscles to
empty into the skip!).
9) Selling Drinks from Booths during the 5‐day Festival.
10) Dismantling the Booths and HQ Tent and returning all items to the Den on Sunday
11) Final Park Clean‐up following dismantling of booths, stages and fences on Mon/Tues
after the festival.
12) Returning any remaining equipment to the Den on Mon/Tues after the festival.
This is our major fundraiser for the den. We are all very thankful for this opportunity to
keep our weekly fees to a minimum. The success of this event relies on maximum
attendance of youth members as well as their parents and siblings. However, the help of
a parent on their own, extended family members and friends is also greatly appreciated.
As you can see from the above,
the help of every person in the Group is essential.
BUT, everyone coming to help
must be on the roster.
If there are still gaps in the Roster – we assume that we need to source outside assistance which comes at
a cost. Once this outside assistance is organized it cannot be undone.
To recover this cost, those families not on the Cultural Fest and/or India Fest roster (of two shifts
minimum per youth member) will be issued their $250 per child invoice
as per the Fees & Fundraising Support forms issued early this year with your membership form.
Please remember that the Leaders commit their time to your children every week and camp weekends.
Fundraising to help keep fees low and enable the purchase of equipment is your way of helping the
Leaders with their commitment to teaching your children.
THE LEADERS THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.